18 March, 2010

Spaghetti and Meatballs

Hello beautiful people :)
Spaghetti and Meatballs... Simples! Another pasta dish, I know. I said this was gonna be a basic cookery blog :P No, this is not just an ordinary meal. Did a little altering. Do we have any Dragon's Den fans in the house? I added about some Reggae Reggae sauce to the bolognaise and OOOH it was to diiiiie for! Also, tried the new Co-operative Beef Meatballs, they were on offer - £2 for 25 balls. Hehe... Anyways, my boyfriend was being really picky last night and couldn't be bothered to pick the pineapple off a Hawaiin Pizza. So we went to the Co-op and saw that there was a little offer going on: Meatballs + Spaghetti Pasta + 2 Sticks of Garlic Bread + a Jar of Sauce +£4. Not too shabby, huh?? But, like I said, my boyfriend's VERY picky. So we ended up buying a basic Dolmio sauce that wasn't in the offer, and I thought we had garlic bread at home. But we didn't. Fail. Long story short, it was an epic meal that I will definitely try again. The meatballs are a great alternative to just regular mince. Want the recipe? Here goes:


Ingredients:

1 Jar of Tomato Pasta sauce. I know, I'm lazy and could've made it from scratch with onions and tinned tomatoes etc. But I don't like onions or tinned tomatoes. So Dolmio it was :)
1 packet of Dried Spaghetti
1 tray of beef meatballs. Alternatively, make your own! Just get minced beef, mix in a bowl with a little olive oil and roll into balls on a floured surface.

Optional:
5 tbsp of Levi Root's Reggae Reggae sauce.
Garlic Bread to Serve.

Method:

1) Heat a little oil in a frying pan, and boil a kettle full of water.
2) Transfer the boiled water into a deep saucepan and turn on the hob to keep it boiling. Add in your spaghetti. Don't worry if it sticks out of the pan, it will relax as it cooks and drop into the pan itself.
3) Add the meatballs to the oil, fry until brown all over and cooked right through.
4) Pour the contents of your sauce jar into a jug. Add your Reggae sauce (if using, optional but freaking amazing!) and stirrrr. This was the part where I also SEIVED my sauce for my picky-ass lad. He doesn't like any onions or whatever either. So, yes I seived the sauce. Quantity went down quite a bit then!
5) Pour your sauce over your balls.(:P) Let it simmer until the sauce gets a bit bubbly, then you know it's ready.
6) Your pasta should be cooked by now. With spaghetti it's easy to tell if it's cooked because it's not straight like when you took it out of the packet. Drain it and spoon a hearty amount onto each plate.
7) Dish out your meatballs to each plate, then add any remaining sauce. Serve with garlic bread if you have chosen to chuck some in the oven :)

Kirsten x

2 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous.. Making me hungry!

    I've tagged your blog for an award :)

    http://boobie-monster.blogspot.com/2010/03/cherry-on-top-award.html

    ReplyDelete